Monday, November 19, 2007

What Should I Rent

Listening to NPR on the way to work this morning, I learned about a new website which recommends movies based on a profile you provide. I went to the site, answered a bunch of questions about myself and then got a recommendation. whattorent doesn't require you to provide an email address but does ask you to set a login name just so they can remember you when you return.


After I answered the questions, I asked for a recommendation, indicating I wanted something which matches my usual movie. I could have chosen to get a recommendation for something a little or a lot different than I would normally choose. The suggested movie is for The Five Obstructions. I have not yet seen it and so will probably rent it. I'll let you know how it works out.

No comments: