Monday, April 23, 2012

Spicy Lemon Shrimp

Another great find from Pinterest.  I probably need to work on my food photography skills because I guarantee you this looked much better in real life.  And, it was awesomely delicious.   I was working with this Spicy Lemon Shrimp Skewers recipe from the FoodNetwork.  I altered it a bit because I didn't have skewers and I was missing a few key ingredients.  I was shocked to discover that Whole Foods did not have fish sauce. They did have some lovely raw shrimp though so I forgave them.   I forgot to buy lemongrass which I know WF has but I wasn't about to go back to the store when I discovered I had forgotten it.  To replace the fish sauce, I used some soy sauce and a little anchovy paste.  Someone on the web suggested soy sauce and Worcestershire but I love anchovies and decided to go with the paste instead.  The shrimp were shelled and deveined by WF.  I marinated them the hour and them cooked them in a hot non-stick pan.  I served them with some avocado and rice.  So good!  So spicy!  Give them a try.

No comments: