Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Red Cabbage and Mango Slaw

I heard about this slaw on The Chew where they made it to put on BBQ Chicken sandwiches.  I'm not a big lover of chicken but I love fish and thought the slaw would go well with that too. I was correct.  I grilled some Wahoo (aka Ono) fish to have with my slaw and the meal was delicious.  If you haven't had Wahoo, it is pretty yummy, both in sushi and grilled.  I did marinate my fish in some olive oil, rice vinegar and garlic before grilling.

You can see from the picture that my slaw is kind of chunky.  It was good but I made it again later in the week and did a better job of shredding the cabbage and the mango.  Also, the riper the mango, the better, in my opinion.  I got my mango from Trader Joe's pre-peeled and sliced.  My first batch was not quite ripe enough.  The second batch, riper and shredded was even tastier.

No comments: