Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad

I made this Zesty Shrimp Salad over the weekend and it was so good, I made it again this evening.  The link points to the recipe but it is simple and once you make it, you'll be able to just throw the ingredients together.  Marinate some chopped red onion in juice from a couple limes and a little olive oil.  The recipe says to let that sit a bit to take some of the bite out of the onion.  Add chopped shrimp, tomatoes and avocado.  Some chopped jalapeno and cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.  The second time around, I didn't measure anything.  Just tossed in items until I thought it looked right and seasoned to my taste.  I also substituted little grape tomatoes for regular tomatoes because I like the sweetness. The last time I made this salad, there was enough for two days, so this time I left the avocado out and till add it when I serve it.  I don't like how the avocado gets mushy overnight.  This will definitely be on my menu often!  

No comments: