Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Avocado Pasta

When I first saw a pin for avocado pasta on Pinterest, my reaction was "No way."  Then I saw it it again, and then again.  Finally I decided that since I do love avocados, perhaps I should give it a chance.  So I followed the recipe.  I was surprised to find I liked it.   But it was a bit TOO avocado for me.  I know, I never thought I'd say that.  Yesterday I made it again but reduced the avocado to 1/2.  I also thinned it a little with some olive oil.  I happened to have lemon infused olive oil AND jalapeño infused olive oil so I used both - about 1 1/2 Tablespoons of each. And now I have a recipe I will use often.   It is extremely rich and 6oz will probably satisfy 2 people and still result in leftovers.  Especially if you add some shrimp or chicken to go with it.  Or in it.


Today I had my leftover pasta with some tuna and halved grape tomatoes.  The pasta had been in the refrigerator so I warmed it up just a bit (40 seconds) in the microwave before adding the new ingredients.  It was delicious.

No comments: