Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Cucumber Avocado Soup

I discovered the basic recipe for this cucumber avocado soup on Pinterest (of course).  It seemed like the perfect soup for a hot Las Vegas afternoon.  I modified the recipe a bit:

1 Cucumber
1 Avocado
Juice from 1/2 lime
1 1/2 C Non-fat Greek yogurt
1/2 C water
1/2 C chopped green onions
1/4 C chopped red onion
1/4 C chopped fresh mint
salt and pepper to taste

Cut the cucumber into thirds and rough chop two thirds.  Halve the avocado and rough chop one half.  You are reserving the remaining avocado and cucumber to add to the finished product.  Put the chopped avocado and cucumber along with all the other ingredients into a bowl that is deep enough to use your immersion blender.  If you don't have an immersion blender, stop now and go buy one.  You'll love it.  Blend the ingredients until smooth.  Add more water if you'd like your soup a little thinner.  I may use broth in my next batch.

Chop the remaining cucumber and avocado into small dice and add some to each bowl of soup.  I added a shrimp and mint leaf for garnish.  My brother would say the mint is unnecessary since I didn't eat it, just used it to spice up the picture.

The original recipe says this serves four.  I think that is only if you are serving it as a starter.  If you're having it for lunch, I'd say it serves two.


No comments: