First, the theater. It was almost everything I could hope for:
1. I love, love, love the seating. Wide aisles with recliners that you can adjust from sitting straight up to lying almost flat and anywhere in between. I had my feet almost straight out and people could still easily go by me.
2. I love the big screen. I know, no big deal BUT, I'd pretty much given up going to the movies for several reasons and I've missed the big screen. So now I can go back.
3. I loved having a glass of wine at the movies. Not great, great wine, but nice enough and I liked it. Beer drinkers have more variety. And bigger glasses.
4. I loved being able to pick my seat before going into the theater.
5. I do wish there were more food options. I broke down and had a chili cheese dog. Not just any chili cheese dog- a jalapeño cheese brat chili cheese dog. It was delicious but I am not a big meat eater. So I hope they come up with some other ideas.
Next, the movie. Oz The Great and Powerful. It was almost everything I could hope for.
1. I loved the big screen. See above.
2. I loved the spectacle.
3. I loved the animation.
4. I love the many nods to the original, especially the switch from black and white to color when Oz reached Oz.
5. I loved team Oz. Everybody. Little extra for the monkey.
6. Loved the witches.
7. I loved the con man wizard.
8. I am torn about wanting a sequel. Would love to see what they come up with but don't know that they should mess with the original.
9. Yes, I loved the con man Oz but couldn't help wishing it had been played by Johnny Depp.