Monday, June 30, 2014

Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad

Another Pinterest find.  Orzo, feta, and cucumber drizzled with olive oil and tossed with parsley, mint, lemon zest, and lemon juice.  It was refreshing and tasty but it needed something.  Maybe just a dash of hot sauce.

I was only making enough to have lunch today and didn't want to have any left overs; just in case I didn't like it.  I used 1/4 C dry pasta which ends up being 1/2 C cooked.  That is 1/6 of what the recipe calls for but I couldn't bring myself to cut everything else by 6.  I used a generous 1/3 of a cucumber and a handful of feta crumbles.  My feta had Mediterranean spices on it.  I drizzled olive oil along with the zest and juice from 1/3 lemon.  Then I sprinkled it with chopped mint and parsley and tossed it all together.  Salt and pepper to taste. Next time I will either chop the mint more or leave it out entirely.  Here is the link to the original recipe so you can adjust as you like.  I think the recipe is pasta heavy and I enjoy the crunch of extra cucumber.

No comments: