Monday, April 27, 2009

Scallop Goodness

This weekend I had dinner at Brian's and Atsuko's. Atsuko made yummy, yummy appetizers of seared scallops, spinach and ginger butter. Delicious! It turns out she got the scallops at one of my favorite stores, Trader Joe's. Frozen Japanese scallops. I bought some today and made my dinner of seared scallops with roasted baby carrots and green beans, also from Trader Joe's. I thawed the scallops with Alton Brown's method of putting the fish in a bowl of lukewarm water with the faucet slowing dripping into the bowl. The scallops are ready to go in about 15 minutes. I spayed them with TJ's olive oil, salted them and then seared them. The carrots and green beans were also sprayed and salted and then put in the 400 degree toaster oven for about 20 minutes. I piled the cooked items on my plate and sprinkled them with soy sauce. Viola, a great dinner.

No comments: