Monday, September 13, 2010

Semi Homemade

Sandra Lee has nothing on me.

Tonight, with the help of Trader Joe's, I made fettuccine with mushrooms  I brought a package of sliced crimini mushrooms, a package of frozen TJ's fettuccine and mushrooms, a bottle of Santa Barbara Landing Chardonnay and a package of frozen peas.

I sauteed about 1/2 of the mushrooms in  2 tablespoons of olive oil. Per Julia's instructions, I gave those mushrooms plenty of room and I lightly salted them. When they had caramelized nicely, I poured in 3/4 cup of the wine (deglazing) and then let that reduce until almost no liquid was left.  I tossed in the package of TJ's fettuccine and 1/2 C of peas. I stirred occasionally while the frozen food thawed.  Then I tossed in another 1/2 C of the wine and let it simmer until the sauce thickened.  You might ask why I add mushrooms to fettuccine that already has mushrooms.  The answer is that TJ's doesn't add enough mushrooms and my mushrooms that are all caramelized and sauteed in wine, taste better.  But the TJ package has a nice mushroomy sauce.

I ate about 1/3 of the results for dinner, along with a glass of the chilled wine.  The rest is now in the fridge for tomorrow.

Easy, breezy, cooking, girl.

No comments: