Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Just Because You Have The Blues, It Doesn't Mean You Can Sing

Before I start first let me admit that I am powerless over my American Idol addiction. I'll get help - maybe next season.

That being said, WTF are the judges thinking? I admit the show has done a better job of showcasing people who at least have some minimal talent; they aren't focusing on the William Hung types. There are still some instances where I thought they mocked people who have some mental issues. Hopefully next year they'll stop that.

This year, however, they've succumb to sending through people who can carry a tune better than I can, but not by much. People who have a sick mom, were raised in poverty or who have 1000 children. People who beg and plead saying the WANT this MORE than anyone or those who promise they'll practice really, really hard get through. It is just ridiculous! And Simon has approved a couple of so called singers whose implants apparently rendered him brain dead.

I do admit I haven't witnessed any great singers getting rejected so I guess it will all work out, but I'm still annoyed. You'll probably just tell me I can stop watchig it if is so annoying but, as I already told you, I'm powerless to stop.

4 comments:

JohnnyB said...

If you can't stop yourself from watching, maybe you can stop yourself from expecting that they are actually trying to find the best singer/performer. They are trying to put together a cast for a show. They need a certain number of types. They always need some "just barely qualified" and this year they want a few tragic stories.

Susan said...

I know you are right. A sign of my addiction. I know this and yet I sit here and yell at the judges. But do I turn off the TV? No. Maybe I need and intervention.

Brandi. said...

I haven't been able to watch it in about two years now, but I definately know what you're saying. Great show, though!

JohnnyB said...

"I know you are right. A sign of my addiction. I know this and yet I sit here and yell at the judges. But do I turn off the TV? No."

"It's working, BWAHAHAHAHAH!"
-producer Nigel Lythgoe

;-) (we still watch it too)