Sunday, March 1, 2009

Shrimp Sliders

Today I made Shrimp Sliders using ingredients from my Trader Joe's trip:
  1. Frozen Argentinian Shrimp
  2. Wasabe mayonnaise
  3. Small hothouse tomatoes
  4. Cheddar cheese
  5. Mini wheat bagels

Thaw the shrimp. I use Alton Brown's method of tossing the shrimp in a bowl and filling it with lukewarm water and then let the faucet dribble into the bowl for about 15 minutes. Toss the shrimp with olive oil and salt and pepper. Heat your pan. Split the bagels (1 bagel for every 2 shrimp) and put them the toaster oven to toast. Grill the shrimp about 1 minute on each side. When the bagels are done, spread each half with mayo, add a slice of cheese and a slice of tomato. Put a shrimp on top and enjoy. I would have taken a picture but I was too hungry to wait.

2 comments:

JohnnyB said...

Unfortunately I do not like cheese on seafood.

Sue said...

They are good without the cheese too.

Verification word: Reviless = doesn't like cheese on seafood.