Friday, May 15, 2009

Name That Cup

I may have commented before in this blog how it amuses me when the Starbucks clerks ask for "a name for your cup." I always like to give some other name besides mine, or say something silly like "Rainbow". I mentioned that point recently on a discussion group I belong to and someone suggested using phrases instead of names. Maybe political causes such as "Indict Bush" or "Ban Torture". Now I'm intrigued. Next time I have to name my cup, maybe I'll say "Vote for Choice" or "Hug A Tree" just to see if the barista will call that out when my coffee is ready.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Or you could pull a Bart Simpson move and use something like "Last name JASS, first name HUGH." ;-)

Brian said...

Jorgen. Hugh Jorgen.

JohnnyB said...

your readers are not very politically oriented.

Sue said...

True. :-)