Tuesday, September 23, 2008

42 More Days

I usually listen to NPR on my way to and from work. These days, all that is on during my commute time is election news or financial crisis news and I CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE! Yesterday I stopped at the library and got Fool Me Once on tape and started listening to it this morning on the way to work. The ride is typically 20-25 minutes and the CD is about 10 hours long so I figure it will take about 2 weeks (working days) to get through. If I listen on the weekends too, it might only last me a week and a half. With six weeks until election day I figure I'll get through 4 books at least. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Ugh - I feel you. There's not much else on, certainly not anything that really makes me feel glad about living.

It won't take you hardly any time to get through it, but have you listen to the Onion's World Atlas on CD? It's pretty funny. Right now I'm listening to The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao on CD and I guess I'd give it a 3/5 so far (although I'm not terribly far in). Oh! You should consider listening to Barbara Kingsolver's
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life. I enjoyed that one.

Susan said...

Thanks. I'll check my library for them.