Sunday, September 7, 2008

Not Politics

Today I'm all about food.

Last week, BNFC and I went to Gilcrease Orchard and picked us some zucchini and pears. The trip made me wonder why this has not been part of my life for the past 27 years here. Sorry Deb.

I don't have to think about what to do with pears yet because they are not ripe but I did need to find something for zucchini. Don't get me wrong, I love zucchini but I have enough of it now that I needed more ideas. And then verbatim sent me to this link. The cake looked yummy but what really interested me was the fried zucchini.

I grated up most of a largest zucchini and threw it in the pan that I'd sprayed with olive oil. I cooked it until it was pretty dry and then added one beaten egg and a little salt. Then I topped it with grated Parmesan. It was delicious. I didn't add the Italian seasoning mentioned in the article, but I'm sure that would be good too. You can add as much egg as you want; it just depends on how omeletty you want it to be. I went with less egg and was happy. It isn't the prettiest dish I've ever seen but it sure was good.

No comments: