Tuesday, September 30, 2008

5 More Weeks

I really don't have any good blogging material, I just wanted to say, "5 More Weeks." Five more weeks and the phones calls stop. The TV ads will stop. The bickering will stop. Ok, so not everything will stop. But I predict we'll all so so thankful the election is over that regardless of who wins, the stockmarket will feel our good mood and soar to new heights. Yep, that's my prediction. Remind me about that on November 5, please.

Also, my election day is only 2 1/2 weeks away because we have early voting in Nevada and I intend to be at my mall with ballot in hand on October 18 when the doors open. I might even be like the lady in the Mervyn's commercial, standing outside at 5 in the morning reciting, "open, open open." I'm going to vote the moment I can and then I'm going to laugh when anyone tries to discuss the election and put my fingers in my ears and say "la la la la la la, I can't hear you and it doesn't matter anyway because I already voted. So there."

5 comments:

Deb B. said...

We don't get many political ads about the presidential election because everyone spends their money elsewhere since California always goes BLUE.

:)

Anonymous said...

Well, Ohio is a swing state and we are INUNDATED with ads!

Susan said...

I heard this morning Ohio is leaning BLUE!

Anonymous said...

But there might be someone who wants to discuss the election with you, and you may say the single thing that tips that person to vote - and to vote responsibly.

I say - "I have two words - supreme court".

Susan said...

Man, lay on the guilt why don't you. You anonymous you! Ok I will talk about the election but I still won't answer the phone or listen to the ads.